Topics and Issues from European Research
Edited by Georg Krücken, Carmelo Mazza, Renate E. Meyer and Peter Walgenbach
Institutional theory has become one of the dominant organizational approaches in recent decades. Its roots can be traced to Europe, and an important intellectual objective of this book is to examine North American theory strands and reconnect them with European research traditions. In addition, this book focuses on how organizations and individuals handle heterogeneous and challenging social conditions which are subsequently reflected in various forms of change.
Show Summary Details
- New Themes in Institutional Analysis
- Chapter 1: New themes in institutional analysis: topics and issues from European research
- Chapter 2: The value of institutional logics
- Chapter 3: What are institutional logics – and where is the perspective taking us?
- Chapter 4: Conventions and institutional logics: invitation to a dialogue between two theoretical approaches
- Chapter 5: From contention to mainstream: valuing and institutionalizing moral products
- Chapter 6: Changing the C-suite: new chief officer roles as strategic responses to institutional complexity
- Chapter 7: Refusing, connecting, and playing off conflicting institutional demands: a longitudinal study on the organizational handling of the end of nuclear power, climate protection, and the energy turnaround in Germany
- Chapter 8: Constructing domains of corporate social responsibility: a politicization of corporations at the expense of a de-politicization of society?
- Chapter 9: Forest and trees, institutional dynamics and artifacts: on visual organizational indicators of global and historical cultural patterns
- Chapter 10: Professional emergence and boundary work in the Italian wine industry: ‘Nella botte piccola c’è il vino buono’
- Chapter 11: Organizational adaptation and inverse trajectories: two cities and their film festivals
- Chapter 12: Institutional analysis in a digital era: mechanisms and methods to understand emerging fields
- Chapter 13: Organizing vigilante lynching: a neo-institutional perspective
- Chapter 14: Coping with the unintended consequences of institutional work
- Chapter 15: Institutions as adverbs? The dynamic form of institutional substances
- Chapter 16: Afterword: fragmented organizations in the society of organizations
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.