Edited by Paul Nihoul and Tadeusz Skoczny
How substantive competition rules are enforced plays a crucial role in achieving their goals. This thoughtful book examines procedural issues that have arisen from the increased enforcement of competition law worldwide.
Show Summary Details
- Procedural Fairness in Competition Proceedings
- Table of cases
- Table of legislation
- Chapter 1: Substance and process in competition law and enforcement. Why we should care if it’s not fair
- Chapter 2: Effectiveness through fairness? ‘Due process’ as an institutional precondition for effective decentralized EU competition law enforcement
- Chapter 3: ‘Human rights’ protection for corporate antitrust defendants: are we not going overboard?
- Chapter 4: The emergence of a WTO antitrust jurisprudence through cross-fertilization from other international antitrust institutions: the case for procedural fairness as a necessary precondition
- Chapter 5: Competition enforcement: a look at inspections
- Chapter 6: The role of the Hearing Officer in antitrust cases. A critical assessment of the new mandate and practice after 2011
- Chapter 7: An elusive convergence – rights of defence in competition matters in the jurisprudence of the CJEU
- Chapter 8: Into the parallel universe: procedural fairness in private litigation after the Damages Directive
- Chapter 9: Fairness in state aid procedure: a contribution to the debate on the right to participate
- Chapter 10: Competition law enforcement: administrative versus judicial systems
- Chapter 11: The fairness debate in the U.S.
- Chapter 12: The right of fair trial in competition law proceedings: quo vadis the courts of the new EU Member States?
- Chapter 13: Deferential standard of judicial review in the light of Article 6 of the ECHR
- Discussion report (CARS)
- Name and subject index
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Substance and process in competition law and enforcement. Why we should care if it’s not fair
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.