Studies in Policy Choices and Interactions
Edited by Larry Kreiser, Mikael S. Andersen, Birgitte E. Olsen, Stefan Speck, Janet E. Milne and Hope Ashiabor
Environmental taxes can be efficient tools for successful environmental policy. Their use, however, has been limited in many countries. This thoughtful book explores the scope of environmental pricing and examines a variety of national experiences in environmental policy integration, to identify the most effective use of taxation and policy for environmental sustainability.
Show Summary Details
- Environmental Pricing
- Editorial review board
- Chapter 1: Climate policy integration: evidence on coherence in EU policies
- Chapter 2: Tax treatment of the interaction between water and energy
- Chapter 3: Subsidies to fossil energy consumption in Italy: assessment and interaction with the electricity market
- Chapter 4: Towards a sustainable climate and energy policy mix: insights from theory and the case of Japan
- Chapter 5: European renewable energy market governance and economic crisis: a taxation makeover with Greece as a case study
- Chapter 6: Reforming fossil fuel subsidies: will it make a difference?
- Chapter 7: Tax expenditures to promote environmentally responsible investment
- Chapter 8: Do you get what you pay for with United States climate change tax provisions?
- Chapter 9: Supporting emission reductions through a viable wind energy industry: lessons for Australia
- Chapter 10: Environmental border tax adjustments (BTAs): a forgotten history
- Chapter 11: Renewable energy: subsidies and taxes as competition distortion
- Chapter 12: The impact of environmental tax on enterprise competitiveness in China
- Chapter 13: Reclaiming the ‘T’ word: ways of improving communication and public acceptance of environmental fiscal reform in Europe
- Chapter 14: Regulatory taxes as an instrument to foster sustainability transitions: an exploratory analysis
- Chapter 15: Resilience based policy for groundwater protection
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.