Edited by James Midgley, Rebecca Surender and Laura Alfers
The Handbook of Social Policy and Development makes a groundbreaking, coherent case for enhancing collaboration between social policy and development. With wide ranging chapters, it discusses a myriad of ways in which this can be done, exploring both academic and practical activities. As the conventional distinction between ‘developed’ and ‘developing’ countries becomes increasingly blurred, this Handbook explores how collaboration between social policy and development is needed to meet global social needs.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Social Policy and Development
- Introduction to the Handbook of Social Policy and Development
- Chapter 1: Social policy and development: an overview
- Chapter 2: The social policy nexus and development: convergence, divergence and dynamic change
- Chapter 3: Shaping society from below: social movements, social policy and development
- Chapter 4: Gender: toward gender equality and poverty reduction
- Chapter 5: Global social policy in a development context: ideas, actors and implementation
- Chapter 6: The SDGs: towards a social development approach in the 2030 Agenda?
- Chapter 7: Social and human rights
- Chapter 8: Social policy and urban development
- Chapter 9: Rural development
- Chapter 10: The environment and development: fight against poverty and/or protection of the environment – a conflict of interests?
- Chapter 11: Security and development
- Chapter 12: World-regional social governance, policy and development
- Chapter 13: The informal economy and informal employment
- Chapter 14: Employment-based social protection: ‘productivism’, universalism and social citizenship
- Chapter 15: Health and development
- Chapter 16: Education, social policy and development
- Chapter 17: Housing, development and social justice
- Chapter 18: Social insurance, pensions and development
- Chapter 19: Social assistance, poverty and development
- Chapter 20: Conditional income transfers, social policy and development
- Chapter 21: Social work and family services
- Chapter 22: Financial inclusion and microfinance
- Chapter 23: Community development programmes
- Chapter 24: NGOs and their role in the welfare mix
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.