Edited by Alexandra Tsvetkova, Jana Schmutzler, Marcela Suarez and Alessandra Faggian
This edited volume offers a multidisciplinary perspective on innovation challenges and innovative practices in the context of developing and transition countries. The contributions mostly embrace a national innovation system approach in an attempt to understand innovation processes and their implications at both macro and micro levels.
Show Summary Details
- Innovation in Developing and Transition Countries
- Chapter 1: Introduction. A context-specific two-way approach to the study of innovation systems in developing and transition countries
- Chapter 2: From industrialization to innovation: building the Peruvian National System of Science, Technology and Innovation, 1968–2015
- Chapter 3: The state of the National Innovation System of Armenia
- Chapter 4: The role of public policies in building up a national pharmaceutical innovation system in Tunisia: challenges after the Jasmine Revolution
- Chapter 5: Public policies to orient science, technology, and innovation in healthcare towards inclusive development: evidence from Brazil
- Chapter 6: The role of public policies in promoting innovation and innovation complementarities in developing countries: the case of the Argentinian software industry
- Chapter 7: Health biotechnology in Malaysia: issues and challenges faced by the innovative biotechnology firms
- Chapter 8: Collaborating to innovate: the case of the Nigerian mining industry
- Chapter 9: Collaboration among Hungarian SMEs in innovation
- Chapter 10: The developmental university in emerging innovation systems: the case of the Universidad Mayor de San Simón, Bolivia
- Chapter 11: The lost tiger in technological catch-up: lessons learned and implications for latecomer strategic typology
- Chapter 12: Epilogue. Innovation systems in developing and transition countries: what is different, what is missing and what are the implications?
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.