Edited by Samo Bardutzky and Elaine Fahey
This timely book invites the reader to explore the lexicon of ‘subjects’ and ‘objects’ of EU law as a platform from which several dilemmas and omissions of EU law can be researched. It includes a number of case studies from different fields of law that deploy this lexicon, structuring the contributions around three principal elements of EU law: its transformations, crises, and external-internal dynamics.
Show Summary Details
- Framing the Subjects and Objects of Contemporary EU Law
- Chapter 1: The subjects and objects of EU law: exploring a research platform
- Chapter 2: The subject and object in the interpretation of EU law
- Chapter 3: Subject-object dialectics and social change
- Chapter 4: Subjects and technologies of European governance: reflections on suspect crossings
- Chapter 5: Who, then, in [European] law, is my neighbour? Limiting the argument from external effects
- Chapter 6: Subjects and objects of EU human rights law
- Chapter 7: Local governments as subjects and objects of EU law: legitimate limits?
- Chapter 8: Citizenship-for-sale schemes and EU law: can third-country nationals buy their way into becoming subjects of EU law?
- Chapter 9: The turning of non-state entities from objects to subjects of EU restrictive measures
- Chapter 10: The EU as an international person between functionalism and constitutionalism
- Chapter 11: Evolution of the role of third countries in EU law – towards full legal subjectivity?
- Chapter 12: From objects to subjects: paving the way for third countries and their natural and legal persons
- Chapter 13: Beyond rhetoric? Social conditionality in the EU’s external trade relations
- Chapter 14: European integration in a crisis scenario: easy steps to revitalise the EU as a subject and to avoid disintegration?
- Chapter 15: Homo objectus, homo subjectus and Brexit
- Chapter 16: Who do we think we are? Citizenship post-Brexit
- Chapter 17: Conclusions
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.