The Essential Companion
Edited by Philip L. Pearce
Comprehensive and accessible, this Companion offers a thorough investigation into both traditional and fresh topics in tourist behaviour and experience. Arranged chronologically, the chapters examine tourist experience from the very idea of a tourist visit to the aftermath of returning home.
Show Summary Details
- Tourist Behaviour
- Chapter 1: Are tourists interesting?
- Chapter 2: Dreaming and longing
- Chapter 3: Deciding and choosing
- Chapter 4: Packing and preparing
- Chapter 5: Getting around
- Chapter 6: Communicating and interacting
- Chapter 7: Sleeping and staying
- Chapter 8: Consuming food and drinks
- Chapter 9: Co-creating good times
- Chapter 10: Browsing and shopping
- Chapter 11: Taking photographs
- Chapter 12: Interacting with wild animals
- Chapter 13: Visiting attractions
- Chapter 14: Joining the crowd
- Chapter 15: Behaving badly
- Chapter 16: Behaving altruistically
- Chapter 17: Remembering
- Chapter 18: Well-being
- Chapter 19: Returning home
- Chapter 20: Searching . . . for what is important
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Are tourists interesting?
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.