Regulatory Divergence and Convergence in the Age of Megaregionals
Edited by Shin-yi Peng, Han-Wei Liu and Ching-Fu Lin
Against the backdrop of the recent trend towards megaregional trade initiatives, this book addresses the most topical issues that lie at the intersection of law and technology. By assessing international law and the political economy, the contributing authors offer an enhanced understanding of the challenges of diverging regulatory approaches to innovation.
Show Summary Details
- Governing Science and Technology under the International Economic Order
- Chapter 1: Governing science and technology in the era of megaregionals
- Chapter 2: Regulatory cooperation in the WTO: Why it matters now? How could it be achieved?
- Chapter 3: Free flow of data and digital trade from an EU perspective
- Chapter 4: Lessons from the TPP Regulatory Coherence Chapter: The laws governing unsolicited commercial electronic messages as a case study
- Chapter 5: Export policies, technology transfer policies, and investment reviews: How states compete in the era of global high-tech value chains
- Chapter 6: China standard time: The boundary of techno-nationalism in megaregionals
- Chapter 7: Trade and biological diversity governance in the age of megaregionalism
- Chapter 8: Regulation of renewable energy trade in the megaregionals era: Current issues and prospects for rule-making reforms
- Chapter 9: The promotion of renewable electricity technology in the mega-RTA era: A preliminary evaluation of the potential effects on regulatory convergence or divergence
- Chapter 10: Food and product safety issues in the TPP
- Chapter 11: Megaregional transformation of global food safety governance: Normative roots and ramifications
- Chapter 12: How are package-related food safety issues addressed in the TPP?
- Chapter 13: TPP, RCEP, and the crossvergence of Asian intellectual property standards
- Chapter 14: International harmonization with regulatory competition: A case of intellectual property law
- Chapter 15: Harmonization without localization: Trendspotting pharmaceutical patent law in recent FTAs
- Chapter 16: Internet-related unfair competition: The impact of treaties and challenges for mainland Chinese law and jurisprudence
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Governing science and technology in the era of megaregionals
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.