Edited by Yannick Griep and Cary Cooper
The psychological contract is considered a critical construct in organizational behavior literature because it informs employee emotions, attitudes, and behaviors in the workplace. Although the psychological contract has been explored extensively over the last 50 years, numerous theoretical, conceptual, empirical, methodological, and analytical changes have pushed the field forward. As such, it is time to take stock and move forward. The contributors to this Handbook explore in detail this important component of modern management thinking.
Show Summary Details
- Handbook of Research on the Psychological Contract at Work
- Figures and tables
- About the editors
- Introduction to the Handbook of Research on the Psychological Contract at Work
- Chapter 1: Psychological contract research: older, but is it wiser?
- Chapter 2: Mutuality and reciprocity in the psychological contract: a critical review and analysis
- Chapter 3: Psychological contracts: time for some conceptual clarity
- Chapter 4: Putting emotion first—an emotion-centred approach to understanding the psychological contract
- Chapter 5: The usefulness of the psychological contract in the 21st century
- Chapter 6: Ideological components of psychological contracts: future directions for volunteer and employment research
- Chapter 7: Individualization of work: from psychological contracts to ideological deals
- Chapter 8: Me and my team: the role of social context in psychological contract breach and fulfilment
- Chapter 9: Psychological contracts through the lens of sensemaking
- Chapter 10: Managing the aftermath of psychological contract violation: employee–organizational interplay, calling, and socio-cognitive coping in vulnerable work populations
- Chapter 11: Person-centrism in psychological contract research: a normative-contextual alternative
- Chapter 12: The role of time and timing in psychological contract research
- Chapter 13: Thresholds and non-linear and differential effects in psychological contract research
- Chapter 14: Triggering psychological contract breach
- Chapter 15: Toward a formal dynamic and computational modeling approach to better understand psychological contract dynamics
- Chapter 16: Emerging, crystalizing, and changing psychological contracts over time: introducing the iPC-network model
- Chapter 17: Capturing perceptions of psychological contract fulfilment and breach
- Chapter 18: Experimental designs in psychological contract research: an overview and research agenda
- Chapter 19: A narrative approach to psychological contracts
- Chapter 20: Psychological contracts: back to the future
This content is available to you
Chapter 1: Psychological contract research: older, but is it wiser?
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.