- Extended contents
- List of contributors
- Table of cases
- Table of legislation
- Article 1 Definitions
- Article 2 Purpose of the Treaty
- Article 3 International markets
- Article 4 Non-derogation from WTO Agreement
- Article 5 Trade-related investment measures
- Article 6 Competition
- Article 7 Transit
- Article 8 Transfer of technology
- Article 9 Access to capital
- Article 10 Promotion, protection and treatment of investments
- Article 11 Key personnel
- Article 12 Compensation for losses
- Article 13 Expropriation
- Article 14 Transfers related to investments
- Article 15 Subrogation
- Article 16 Relation to other agreements
- Article 17 Non-application of Part III in certain circumstances
- Article 18 Sovereignty over energy resources
- Article 19 Environmental aspects
- Article 20 Transparency
- Article 21 Taxation
- Article 22 State and privileged enterprises
- Article 23 Observance by sub-national authorities
- Article 24 Exceptions
- Article 25 Economic Integration Agreements
- Article 26 Settlement of disputes between an investor and a contracting party
- Article 27 Settlement of disputes between contracting parties
- Article 28 Exclusion of certain provisions of the ECT from the settlement of disputes between contracting parties
- Article 29 Interim provisions on trade-related matters
- Article 30 Developments in international trading arrangements
- Article 31 Energy-related equipment
- Article 32 Transitional arrangements
- Article 33 Energy Charter Protocols and Declarations
- Article 34 Energy Charter Conference
- Article 35 Secretariat
- Article 36 Voting
- Article 37 Funding principles
- Article 38 Signature
- Article 39 Ratification, acceptance or approval
- Article 40 Application to territories
- Article 41 Accession
- Article 42 Amendments
- Article 43 Association agreements
- Article 44 Entry into force
- Article 45 Provisional application
- Article 46 Reservations
- Article 47 Withdrawal
- Article 48 Status of Annexes and Decisions
- Article 49 Depositary
- Article 50 Authentic texts
- Appendix: Gas transit in Eurasia: transit issues between Russia and the European Union and the role of the Energy Charter
Varvara Aleksić, Energy Community Secretariat, Austria.
Gloria Alvarez, University of Aberdeen, UK.
Crina Baltag, University of Bedfordshire, UK.
Max Baumgart, University of Cologne, Germany.
Leonardo Borlini, Bocconi University, Italy.
Fernando Dias Simões, Chinese University of Hong Kong.
Anne Eckenroth, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, London, UK.
Dylan Geraets, KU Leuven, Belgium.
Silke Goldberg, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, London, UK.
Costantino Grasso, Coventry University, UK.
Beatriz Huarte Melgar, LENER and European Fisheries Control Agency (external expert), Spain.
Tina Hunter, University of Aberdeen, UK.
Andrey A. Konoplyanik, Russian State Gubkin Oil & Gas University, JSC “Gazprom export”, Russia.
Rafael Leal-Arcas, Queen Mary University of London, UK.
Naomi Lisney, Herbert Smith Freehills LLP, London, UK.
Diego Mejía-Lemos, National University of Singapore.
Francesco Montanaro, Bocconi University, Italy.
Antonio Morelli, American University, USA.
Apurva Mudliar, University of Barcelona, Spain.
Marina Petri, Bocconi University, Italy.
Leonie Reins, Tilburg University, Netherlands.
Odysseas G. Repousis, Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP, London, UK.
Pierre Serra, The London School of Economics, UK.
Cătălin Gabriel Stănescu, University of Copenhagen, Denmark.
Peter Vajda, Energy Community Secretariat, Austria.