Edited by Jonathan Michie
The past 30 years are often depicted as an era of globalisation, and even more so with the recent rise of global giants such as Google and Amazon. This updated and revised edition of The Handbook of Globalisation offers novel insights into the rapid changes our world is facing, and how best we can handle them.
Show Summary Details
- The Handbook of Globalisation, Third Edition
- The Handbook of Globalisation: introduction and overview
- Chapter 1: The future of globalisation
- Chapter 2: Financial globalization? History, conditions and prospects
- Chapter 3: The scope and implications of globalisation
- Chapter 4: Measures of globalisation and their misinterpretation
- Chapter 5: Global innovation: innovation systems in open and distributed networks
- Chapter 6: Post-war international debt crises and their transformation
- Chapter 7: The multiplicity of distributional outcomes across the world: diversities of fundamentals or countries getting the inequality they deserve?
- Chapter 8: The role of transnational corporations in the globalisation process
- Chapter 9: The role and control of multinational corporations in the world economy
- Chapter 10: Foreign direct investment and development from a gender perspective
- Chapter 11: The minimum wage in a global context
- Chapter 12: Globalisation, labour standards and economic development
- Chapter 13: Global labor standards: their impact and implementation
- Chapter 14: Productivity and competition in a global economy
- Chapter 15: European integration and the ‘euro project’
- Chapter 16: North American free trade: history, structure and prospects
- Chapter 17: The low road to competitive failure: immigrant labour and emigrant jobs in the US
- Chapter 18: Governance in a globalised world
- Chapter 19: Global governance
- Chapter 20: The political economy of the third way: the relationship between globalisation and national economic policy
- Chapter 21: The WTO and its GATS
- Chapter 22: The International Monetary Fund and the World Bank
- Chapter 23: A new ‘Bretton Woods’ system?
- Chapter 24: Kicking away the ladder – globalisation and economic development in historical perspective
- Chapter 25: Time to replace globalisation with ‘Progressive Protectionism’
- Chapter 26: Free trade or social tariffs?
- Chapter 27: Global inequality and the global financial crisis: the new transmission mechanism
- Chapter 28: The great crash of 2008 and the reform of economics
This content is available to you
The Handbook of Globalisation: introduction and overview
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.