Toward Responsible and Coherent Regulatory Frameworks
Edited by Clair Gammage and Tonia Novitz
Sustainable development remains a high priority in international politics, as governments seek new methods of managing the consumption of resources while maintaining national economic growth. This timely book explores how the contours and facets of sustainability shape international laws and regulations that govern trade, investment and finance.'
Show Summary Details
- Sustainable Trade, Investment and Finance
- Chapter 1: The concept of sustainability and its application in international trade, investment and finance
- Chapter 2: Sustainable trade, renewable energy and the WTO
- Chapter 3: Social norms in EU free trade agreements: justiciable or not?
- Chapter 4: Increasing the social sustainability of trade agreements in terms of labour standards: insights from the TPP experience
- Chapter 5: Sustainable global supply chains: from transparency to due diligence
- Chapter 6: Regulating sustainability by combining legality verification and market access: critical reflections on the EUs FLEGT scheme as smart-mix multi-level regulation for the timber sector
- Chapter 7: Old players, new rules: a critique of the China-Ethiopia and China-Tanzania bilateral investment treaties
- Chapter 8: The principle of CBDR in BITs to promote sustainable development strategies while combating environmental degradation: a developing country perspective
- Chapter 9: Human rights obligations in investor-state contracts: reconciling investors legitimate expectations with the public interest
- Chapter 10: From myopia to flashes of clear vision? Deciding interaction and conflict of treaties in investor-state arbitration after Urbaser v Argentina
- Chapter 11: Achieving sustainable development objectives in international investment law through the lens of treaty interpretation
- Chapter 12: Fossil fuels divestment: a strategy for sustainability?
- Chapter 13: Creative cocktails or toxic brews? Blended finance and the regulatory framework for sustainable development
- Chapter 14: Apple tax: the core issues
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.