Towards a New Leadership in Global Investment Governance?
Edited by Julien Chaisse
Based on original research, and bringing together expert contributors, this book provides a critical analysis of the current law and policy between the EU and China, both internally and internationally. Covering key topics on the subject, this book draws together diverse perspectives into a single collection, and is an invaluable tool for both scholars and practitioners of trade and investment law, as well as human rights and environmental law and policy.
Show Summary Details
- China-European Union Investment Relationships
- Copyright Page
- Chapter 1: Toward a comprehensive EU-China investment agreement
- Chapter 2: Negotiating an uncertain world: economic and political dimensions of the Comprehensive Agreement on Investment
- Chapter 3: The competence to conclude the EU’s new generation of free trade agreements: lessons from Opinion 2/15
- Chapter 4: EU-China economic relations: interactions and barriers
- Chapter 5: The potential role of sustainability impact assessment in the EU-China BIT negotiations
- Chapter 6: FTZs: can they initiate a new round of reforms in China?
- Chapter 7: Refining the expropriation clause: what role for proportionality?
- Chapter 8: Investor nationality and the definition of investment: policy options to limit the practice of ‘treaty shopping’
- Chapter 9: Emerging regulatory issues for financial services in the new generation of FTAs
- Chapter 10: OBOR in the context of China-EU FDI and China’s evolving economic diplomacy
- Chapter 11: Investment related provisions of EVFTA: implications for Vietnam’s policy reforms
- Chapter 12: Toward an EU-Taiwan bilateral investment treaty: a roadmap
- Chapter 13: How much of a court? The EU Investment Court System as a hybrid mechanism
- Chapter 14: The inclusion of investment court system into the EU-China BIT: innovations, prospects and problems
- Chapter 15: The appellate option: promises and pitfalls
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.