Promise and Pitfalls
Edited by Anka Kekez, Michael Howlett and M Ramesh
The growing intensity and complexity of public service has spurred policy reform efforts across the globe, many featuring attempts to promote more collaborative government. Collaboration in Public Service Delivery sheds light on these efforts, analysing and reconceptualising the major types of collaboration in public service delivery through a governance lens.
Show Summary Details
- Collaboration in Public Service Delivery
- Chapter 1: Collaboration in public service delivery: what, when and how
- Chapter 2: Collaboration: key concepts
- Chapter 3: Consultation as collaboration?
- Chapter 4: Contracting out as a governance mechanism: the case of national health insurance in India
- Chapter 5: From procurement to the commissioning of public services1
- Chapter 6: Impact of state–civil society co-management contracts on water supply in rural India: evidence from a natural experiment
- Chapter 7: Co-production with citizens: demarcating the mode of collaboration by looking from outside in
- Chapter 8: Certification: implementation challenges in private-social partnerships
- Chapter 9: Top-down versus bottom-up pathways to collaboration between governments and citizens: reflecting on different participation traps
- Chapter 10: Problems of bottom-up collaboration: evolutionary pathways and capacity challenges of NSMD governance certification institutions
- Chapter 11: Outcome-based commissioning: four pathways to achieving public value
- Chapter 12: Problems of captured collaboration: from political to politicized metagovernance
- Chapter 13: The need to design collaboration: improving the effectiveness of commissioning with design thinking
- Chapter 14: General theory for managing contracts in public service delivery: towards collaborative contractual frameworks
- Chapter 15: Coping with the implementation challenge: decision-making strategies and their implications for collaborative governance
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.