Territory, Business and Politics
Edited by Felia Allum, Isabella Clough Marinaro and Rocco Sciarrone
Despite a rapidly changing economic and legal landscape, Italian mafias remain prominent actors in the global criminal underworld. This book provides an extensive and up-to-date view of how they adapt to shifting economic opportunities and intensifying legal and civic backlash.
Show Summary Details
- Italian Mafias Today
- Chapter 1: Introduction: Thinking about Italian mafias today
- Chapter 2: Waiting for a new leader: Eras and transitions in Cosa Nostra
- Chapter 3: The Camorras in Naples and Campania: Business, groups and families
- Chapter 4: Ndrangheta: A (post-)modern mafia with ancient roots
- Chapter 5: The Sacra Corona Unita: The birth and decline of the fourth mafia?
- Chapter 6: The economic dimension of mafias, social capital and the grey area
- Chapter 7: Mafias and political corruption in Italy
- Chapter 8: The welfare system of Italian mafias
- Chapter 9: Pizzini: Sicilian mafia culture between continuity and change
- Chapter 10: Lombardy, the long march of the Ndrangheta: Old history and new stories
- Chapter 11: Mafias in Emilia Romagna
- Chapter 12: Rome open city? Camorra expansions into the Italian capital
- Chapter 13: Italian mafias across Europe
- Chapter 14: Italian mafias in Australia: The dominance of the Calabrian Ndrangheta
- Chapter 15: The anti-mafia fight in Italy and abroad
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.