Diverse Settings, Questions and Approaches
Edited by Karen D. Hughes and Jennifer E. Jennings
Global Women’s Entrepreneurship Research responds to recent calls from academic researchers and policy analysts alike to pay greater attention to the diversity and heterogeneity among women entrepreneurs. Drawing together studies by 26 researchers affiliated with the DIANA International Research Network, this collection contributes to a richer and more robust understanding of the field.
Show Summary Details
- Global Women’s Entrepreneurship Research
- Introduction: Showcasing the Diversity of Women’s Entrepreneurship Research
- Chapter 1: Turkish Businesswomen in the UK and Netherlands: The Effects of National Context on Female Migrant Entrepreneurs
- Chapter 2: Women-owned SMEs in Bangladesh: Challenges in Institutional Financing
- Chapter 3: Academic Women’s Entrepreneurship in Spain and Scotland: A Multilevel Institutional Approach
- Chapter 4: Gender-based Firm Performance Differences in the United States: Examining the Roles of Financial Capital and Motivations
- Chapter 5: How do Social Welfare and Support Systems Influence the Attitudes of Female Entrepreneurs Towards Risk and Options?
- Chapter 6: Should Women go into Business with their Family Partner?
- Chapter 7: Are Women More Likely to Pursue Social and Environmental Entrepreneurship?
- Chapter 8: Do Highly Accomplished Female Entrepreneurs Tend to ‘Give Away Success’?
- Chapter 9: More Gender Equality, Less Women’s Self-employment: A Multi-country Investigation
- Chapter 10: Sectoral Segregation or Gendered Practices? A Case Study of Roles and Identities in a Copreneurial Venture
- Chapter 11: Gender and the Multidimensional Nature of Entrepreneurial Self-efficacy: Factor-analytic Findings
- Chapter 12: Conceptualizing ‘Woman’ as an Entrepreneurial Advantage: A Reflexive Approach
- Conclusion: Reflecting on the Diversity of Women’s Entrepreneurship Research
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.