Edited by Joshua D. Sarnoff
This innovative research tool presents insights from a global group of leading intellectual property, environment, trade, and industrial scholars on the emerging and controversial topic of intellectual property and climate change. It provides a unique review of the scientific background, international treaties, and political context of climate change; identifies critical conflicts and differences of approach; and describes the relevant intellectual property law doctrines and policy options for regulating, developing, or disseminating needed technologies, activities, and business practices.
Show Summary Details
- Research Handbook on Intellectual Property and Climate Change
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Climate science and policy responses
- Chapter 3: International law and institutions for climate change
- Chapter 4: Climate change, the international intellectual property régime, and disputes under the TRIPS Agreement
- Chapter 5: Intellectual property rights under the UNFCCC: without response to developing countries’ concerns
- Chapter 6: The intellectual property regime: are there lessons for climate change negotiations?
- Chapter 7: Intellectual property enforcement and global climate change
- Chapter 8: Beyond technology transfer: protecting human rights in a climate-constrained world
- Chapter 9: Behind the wall: global climate change and American religion
- Chapter 10: Technology transfer for climate change and developing country viewpoints on historical responsibility and common but differentiated responsibilities
- Chapter 11: Government choices in innovation funding
- Chapter 12: Catalyzing technology development through university research
- Chapter 13: Antitrust and climate change
- Chapter 14: Climate change innovation, products and services under the GATT/WTO system
- Chapter 15: The role of government procurement in regard to development, dissemination and costs of climate change technologies
- Chapter 16: Patents and climate change
- Chapter 17: Trade secrets and climate change: uncovering secret solutions to the problem of greenhouse gas emissions
- Chapter 18: The role of copyright in the protection of the environment and the fight against climate change: is the current copyright system adequate?
- Chapter 19: Intellectual property and related rights in climate data
- Chapter 20: Green marks
- Chapter 21: Standards and related intellectual property issues for climate change technology
- Chapter 22: Privacy issues in smart grid deployment
- Chapter 23: Energy
- Chapter 24: Transportation
- Chapter 25: Food
- Chapter 26: Natural resources
This content is available to you
If the inline PDF is not rendering correctly, you can download the PDF file here.