Edited by Louis-Philippe Rochon and Sergio Rossi
- Macro-prudential policies
- Macro-prudential tools
- Marx, Karl
- Merchant banks
- Minsky, Hyman Philip
- Minsky moment
- Modern Money Theory
- Modigliani–Miller theorem
- Monetary aggregates
- Monetary approach to the balance of payments
- Monetary circuit
- Monetary History of the United States, 1867–1960
- Monetary policy and income distribution
- Monetary policy in a small open economy
- Monetary policy indicators
- Monetary policy instruments
- Monetary policy objectives
- Monetary policy transmission channels – neoclassical
- Monetary policy transmission channels – post-Keynesian
- Monetary targeting
- Monetary theory of distribution
- Money and credit
- Money creation
- Money creation and economic growth
- Money doctors
- Money illusion
- Money multiplier
- Money neutrality
- Money supply
Monetary policy instruments
- Published in print:
- 26 Mar 2015
- Encyclopedia Chapter
- © Louis-Philippe Rochon and Sergio Rossi 2015 2015
The Encyclopedia of Central Banking contains some 250 entries written by over 200 economists on topics related to monetary macroeconomics, central bank theory and policy, and the history of monetary thought. It offers an essential description and concise analysis of key issues within the field of central banking. Many entries also provide a clear heterodox criticism.
You are not authenticated to view the full text of this chapter or article.
Elgaronline requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books or journals. Please login through your library system or with your personal username and password on the homepage.
Non-subscribers can freely search the site, view abstracts/ extracts and download selected front matter and introductory chapters for personal use.
Your library may not have purchased all subject areas. If you are authenticated and think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.